One of the most compelling uses of web video is for customer testimonials. No, not cheesy infomercial type talking heads but rather actual customers talking about key issues. Topics for the video might include:
- Why did you choose vendor X?
- What was your evaluation process?
- What was your implementation process?
- What benefits have you found?
- How likely are you to recommend it to a professional colleague?
Videographers can typically put a testimonial together for $1,000 or less. As for hosting the video, there are good services out there like Wistia.com and Vzaar.com. My recommendation is to seriously consider customer video testimonials as part of your site. Please see the Pardot customer testimonials for examples.
What else? What other tips do you have for video testimonials?