Continuing the previous post on marketing for the top of the funnel (practical PPC tips) an equally important aspect of online marketing, and more specially inbound marketing, is that of blogging. Blogging is a great way to regularly push out new content that builds credibility, inbound links, and a company persona.
Here are five quick tips for effective blogging:
- Set a schedule for posting new content and stick to it (e.g. daily, bi-weekly, weekly, etc)
- Look for themes or a series of related items (e.g. house of the week, idea of the day, etc)
- Incorporate a headline, bullets/numbers, and picture(s) for each post
- Link to one or more items in each post and participate in relevant discussions online providing links back to your post
- Distribute your post on sites like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Blogging is one of the best ways to employ inbound marketing. Creating content can be tough at first but once you get in the habit of doing it it becomes much easier.
What else? What other tips do you have for effective blogging?