Today I was humbled and honored to accept an award for Pardot being named one of the top 10 most innovative companies in Georgia at the Georgia Technology Summit (GTS). Over the past few years I’ve been to GTS a few times and this was the best one yet. There were well over 1,000 attendees, packed exhibitor booths, and WiFi that worked great the entire event. The keynotes from the big companies were a bit too pitchy for their products and services but the top 10 companies that gave individual presentations more than made up for it.
My personal favorite of the 10 presenting companies (besides Pardot of course!) was the Trimensional 3D Scanner for iPhone. The application is amazing and you have to see it to believe it but the basic idea is as follows:
- Set your iPhone brightness to max
- Turn off all the lights or go into a pitch black room
- Point your iPhone at your face or an object you want to scan
- Wait for the phone to highlight different areas of the screen and take photos
- See the three dimensional image and email it wherever
The technology is impressive and has applications in entertainment, gaming (e.g. imagine making your own World of Warcraft character that looks exactly like yourself), healthcare, and more.
Overall, the 2011 Georgia Technology Summit was a big success and congratulations to all the innovative companies.