Finding great employees is hard. Very hard. As a startup CEO, recruiting great talent is one of the three most important functions. In addition, a strong corporate culture is the only sustainable competitive advantage, and it starts with the team members.
Here are some quick tips for finding employees:
- Referrals – referrals from employees, friends, and family should be at the top of your list. Offer referral bonuses, even ones to people not associated with your company.
- Job Boards – look to specialty boards like ones for software engineers, sales reps, etc. Go to online communities where your type of team member hangs out and participate.
- Craigslist – great for entry-level jobs and interns. Yes, there is tons of noise but it is still worthwhile.
- Career Fairs – local college and university career fairs are often designed for students about to graduate, but also look for career fairs the cater to experienced graduates looking to make a change.
- Recruiters – work hard to find recruiters that align with your values, and make it a collaborative relationship
Finding great employees is hard. Use these five quick tips to cast a wide net.
What else? What are some other tips for finding employees?