Yesterday the Atlanta Journal Constitution named Pardot as the #1 place to work in the small business category (50 – 149 employees) — we couldn’t be more honored, humbled, and thrilled by the recognition. It truly is our greatest accomplishment as an organization and is also external validation of our goal to be the best place to work and the best place to be a customer. Our guiding purpose is to be a platform for good work, good people, and good pay with the people side being the most important. Good people to us are ones that are positive, self-starting, and supportive. Yes, it’s really that simple.
Are we perfect? No, not in the slightest. We still have significant work to do around team member alignment, clarity of career paths, and leadership development. We do know some of our weaknesses and we’re working hard to make them better.
Here are some of the things that we do well and that contributed to us being named the best place to work in Atlanta:
- Amazing people that fit our culture (most important!) — we hire people that already fit our style and recognize that the way we operate isn’t for everyone
- Great benefits — we pay full health, dental, short term disability, long term disability, and 401k with match for all employees combined with catered breakfasts daily, catered lunches on Fridays, all you can eat and drink snacks throughout the week, and free massage therapists on Fridays
- Encourage work/life balance — we work standard 40 hour weeks, in fact, most people work from home a couple days a week to avoid traffic, run errands, etc
- Constant communication — we aren’t afraid of meetings, but we do them with a purpose and consistent rhythm between daily check-ins, weekly tacticals, monthly strategics, and quarterly off-sites
- Celebrate success — every quarter we have a big company-wide off-site event where we celebrate as a team
- One page strategic plan — a simple one-sided document has everything
One of the hardest things about this approach is that it limits our growth. We’re confident we could grow revenue much faster but we’d have to sacrifice our hiring standards and we’re not going to do it. Our long term bet is to build the best company, not the largest company. We’re going to do everything in our power to achieve that goal.
The amazing people on our team deserve all the credit and I’m extremely proud of what we’ve built. We’re just getting started.
P.S. We’re hiring!