At Pardot, one of my favorite things to do is to show guests the office and talk about many of our quirky and unusual ways. As you might expect, most of the ideas were generated via R&D (ripoff and duplicate) from others. We continually look for new ideas, try out the ones we like best, and keep the ones that feel right.
Here are ideas we like and their source:
- Daily check-ins – Mastering the Rockefeller Habits
- Simplified one page strategic plan - Mastering the Rockefeller Habits
- Daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly meeting rhythm – Death by Meeting
- Unlimited vacation (no vacation tracking) – Netflix
- Culture book – Zappos
- Massage therapist on staff – Google
- 4 hours of housecleaning per month – Evernote
- Razor scooters – Facebook
One of the reasons I enjoy reading and talking to other entrepreneurs so much is that there are always new ideas. Most ideas I encounter are ignored but many are tried out and a few stick — you never know when you’ll come across a new idea.
What else? What are some ideas you like and their source?