Several people have said it’s cool that we’re building the Atlanta Tech Village and have wondered aloud if it’ll really make a difference. Immediately, I always reply with an emphatic “yes” that we’ll make a difference, a massive difference in Atlanta and the Southeast. After talking about the Atlanta Tech Village Mission, Vision, and Core Values, it’s time to talk about some of our goals.
Here are five initial goals for the Atlanta Tech Village:
- Help spawn 10,000 new high-paying jobs in Atlanta in 10 years (by 2022)
- Have 600+ members from 150+ companies and a waiting list by the end of 2014
- Facilitate over 100 events per year starting in 2014
- Originate three companies per year that become successful businesses (my definition of a successful business)
- See member companies raise more than $10 million per year from angels and venture capitalists
I’m sure these goals will change over time but we feel they’re the right balance of being ambitious while still being attainable.
What else? What are your thoughts on the five goals for the Atlanta Tech Village?