Leadership and managing people is something that you really need to work at and consciously look for ways to improve. For any new managers, as well as seasoned managers, I recommend reading the following books by Patrick Lencioni in their entirety:
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- The Three Signs of a Miserable Job
- The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive
- Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars
- Death by Meeting
- The Five Temptations of a CEO
Patrick Lencioni is, in my opinion, the leadership guru of the 21st century. Check out Amazon.com for these books.