Continuing with yesterday’s post on the book The Secret by Ken Blanchard and Mark Miller, there were a number of good discussion questions as part of leadership development. While there were too many to list here I wanted to capture some of the key ones.
Here are some leadership development questions from The Secret:
- What is the purpose of your team?
- How can you communicate your vision of the future to your team?
- What are ten specific things you could do to engage individuals more effectively in the work of the team and the organization?
- How are you encouraging the development of your people?
- What systems or processes in your area of responsibility need to be changed to enhance performance?
- How could the areas under your leadership be structured differently to enhance performance?
- How many of your people would say that you have made a significant investment in their lives?
- What are the ways you have expressed appreciation for work well done in the last thirty days?
- What do I want to be true in the future that is not true today?
These are great discussion questions for peer-to-peer learning as well as mentoring sessions.
What else? What are some other good leadership development questions?