Kyle Porter of SalesLoft tweeted his favorite sales play from today’s TOPO Summit. Sales plays are a repeatable process designed to acquire customers and turn them into advocates. Let’s look at the sales play of the day:
- Create specific content from lessons learned in the disco call.
- Conduct live (mid-sales cycle) value add workshops with multiple stakeholders.
- Reiterate objections and challenges in the sales presentation deck
- Customize the demo to their key challenges so they can see themselves in the product
- Create customized close plan to help deals close on time
- Memorable late stage marketing plays keep buyers from going dark (send them a pound of bacon!)
- Say “thank you” and thank your high value accounts after they sign with you
Entrepreneurs would do well to think through their sales plays and work towards an effective, repeatable process.
What else? What are some elements of your favorite sales plays?