Recently I started reading the book How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life by Alan Lakein. Now, I consider myself a productive person that efficiently uses time well (my post on how I get things done), but I’m always looking for ways to improve. The first part of the book has you write down your life goals so as to establish a context for what’s important and where time should be spent. With that said, here are some of my personal life goals:
- Spread the virtues of entrepreneurship through my companies, blogging, speaking, and investing
- Endow an entrepreneurship chair at Duke University or endow a center for entrepreneurship
- Visit the New Seven Wonders of the World (I’ve been to the Colosseum)
- Go to the championship game for NFL, MLB, NCAA basketball, and NCAA football
- Attend all the tennis majors (I’ve been to the U.S. Open and Wimbledon)
- Shoot par on nine holes (I broke 80 a decade ago and haven’t been anywhere close since)
These are just a few items on my list. What’s on your list?