We recently started the process of researching outsourced appointment setting to get a feel for the options and how it might help us accelerate our growth. After a few meetings I’ve developed a grasp of the different options and strategies. Here are a few notes so far:
- Dials per day per rep is typically 80-100 using an automated dialer technology
- Success percentages are in the 3-7% (e.g. call on 1,000 companies and get 50 appointments for a 5% success percentage over a comprehensive campaign)
- Pricing styles include per call costs (~$2), per hour costs ($30 – $50), and per completed appointment costs ($500 – $1,000) or a hybrid of these
- Training typically takes 4-6 weeks to get started
- Reviews weekly of recorded successful calls is a best practice
I can readily see the value these organizations provide and we should be making a decision shortly. I’m looking forward to learning more about what does and doesn’t work.
What else? Have you tried outsourced appointment setting and what did you learn?