There’s a great Quora post from entrepreneur Mike Sellers in response to the question As first time entrepreneurs, what part of the process are people often completely blind to? His core response is so concise and complete, I had to repeat it here as 8 ideas every startup person should know:
- An idea is not a design
- A design is not a prototype
- A prototype is not a program
- A program is not a product
- A product is not a business
- A business is not profits
- Profits are not an exit
- And an exit is not happiness.
The next time someone asks me what they should know if they want to get involved with startups I’ll send them straight to Mike Sellers’ answer.
What else? What do you think of the 8 ideas every startup person should know?