Next week is the annual Salesforce.com Dreamforce ’13 conference out in San Francisco. For the past five years I’ve attended the show and enjoyed watching the Software-as-a-Service market grow extensively. I won’t make it to the show this year but I have a few thoughts on getting the most out of the event:
- Plan your itinerary in advance around the sessions and events, but stay flexible as more opportunities will always pop up
- Remember that the most value comes from building new relationships in the hallway discussions between sessions
- Never pay for a meal or drink while at Dreamforce — there’s always something going on
- Engage in social media, especially Twitter, to meet like-minded individuals at the show
- Set five personal goals for the show, whether it’s meeting certain people, finding answers to business problems, or helping push forward other initiatives
Dreamforce is a great event and anyone in the software industry would do well to experience it at least once. I’m disappointed I’ll be missing it this year, but with these recommendations, anyone who attends will get tremendous value.
What else? What are some other ways to get the most value out of Dreamforce ’13?