Here in the U.S. we’re celebrating Thanksgiving today. As part of our family tradition we like to talk about what we’re thankful for and spend time with each other. On the startup front, I think it’s just as important to give thanks on a regular basis.
Here are a few ideas for giving thanks in a startup:
- Have a quarterly celebration where the entire team gets out of the office together for an afternoon and does something fun (baseball game, picnic, whirly ball, etc)
- Recognize a team member as the hero of the month based on feedback from their peers
- Send a handwritten thank you note every time a client provides a referral or testimonial to a prospect
- Take time at weekly team meetings to highlight a recent success story and give thanks to everyone involved
- Volunteer as a company on a regular basis to give back to those that are less fortunate
Giving thanks is a healthy and powerful part of building a successful startup.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
What else? What are some other ways to give thanks in a startup?