David Skok has a great new article up on his blog titled Growth Hacking Free Trials: Time to Wow! is the key to success. The idea is that whenever a startup has a free trial, the most important thing is getting the prospect to use enough of the product that they achieve a sense of satisfaction and level of success so that they come back. Now, this doesn’t mean they have to use every feature. What it does mean is that there’s often a critical module or function that provides a tremendous amount of value, and once the lead successfully uses it, the chance of converting into a customer goes up considerably.
Here are five questions David asks:
- How long does it takes to get to Wow!? (Time to Wow!)
- What is the drop out rate of trial users on their way to Wow!?
- Is the Wow! moment clear and strong enough?
- Are different buyers interested in seeing different Wow! moments? (This is often the case in a product that has several modules.)
- Are we providing the buyer with clear guidance on how to get to Wow!?
Everyone in the business of signing up and converting prospects would do well to go read David Skok’s post.
What else? What are some other thoughts on time to wow for products?