When people think of cool tech companies, firms like Google and Facebook come to mind. You know, consumer-facing tech companies. Personally, I love business software. Business software isn’t glamorous but it’s still great. How cool is it that you solve problems for people and companies pay you?
Here are a few reasons why business software is so great:
- Companies pay good money to solve problems and increase productivity
- Users provide direct feedback and suggestions for improvement (see Get Satisfaction)
- There’s an endless supply of new software needed
- New customers have little incremental cost (provides for great economies of scale and gross margins)
- Successful B2B startups follow a clear four stage path
After being in the business software world for 14 years, I can honestly say I love it. I enjoy building software, helping other people, and growing companies.
What else? What are some other reasons why business software is so great?