ChartMogul has a nice new PDF online called The Ultimate SaaS Metrics Cheat Sheet where they’ve consolidated many of the key SaaS metrics from thought-leaders like David Skok, Christoph Janz, and Tomasz Tunguz.
Here are a few key items from the SaaS Metrics Cheat Sheet:
- Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) – Amount of money billed monthly for existing customers (or the appropriate pro-rated amount for customers that pay annually)
- Customer Churn Rate – Number of customers who left in a period divided by number of customers at the start of the period
- Customer Lifetime Value (LTV) – Total value of a customer subscription over the expected life of the customer
- Average Revenue Per Customer (ARPC) – Average MRR across all the active customers
- Cohorts – Different groups of customers for comparing over time
- Customer Renewal Rate – Total number of customers who renewed their contract divided by the total number of contracts up for renewal
- Custom Acquisition Cost (CAC) – Sum of all sales and marketing expenses divided by number of new customers added in a time period
Every SaaS entrepreneur should go read The Ultimate SaaS Metrics Cheat Sheet.
What else? What are some more thoughts on the SaaS Metrics Cheat Sheet?