In yesterday’s video, John Maxwell talks about the leadership ideas from his best-selling book The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential. These are a must-learn for anyone that’s in a leadership role, or aspires to be in a leadership role.
Here are the five levels of leadership from the book synopsis:
- Position – People follow because they have to.
- Permission – People follow because they want to.
- Production – People follow because of what you have done for the organization.
- People Development – People follow because of what you have done for them personally.
- Pinnacle – People follow because of who you are and what you represent.
Read the book, or watch the video, and remember the author’s critical point at the end: know that your leadership level differs from person to person and work to improve the level with each person.
What else? What are some more thoughts on John Maxwell’s Five Levels of Leadership?