Product management in a Software-as-a-Service (Saas) startup is one of the most important functions, and one of the most difficult — great product managers are hard to find. While product management is hard, there are a number of great resources online. Start with David Cancel’s blog (former head of product at HubSpot) and go from there. Here are six SaaS product management tips I’ve found valuable:
- Use dark features to roll functionality out to select accounts
- Develop a product management planning process
- Follow Covey’s four quadrants when thinking through functionality
- Find a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly product rhythm
- Eliminate the five mistakes first-time product managers make
- Perfect is the enemy of good for product management
SaaS entrepreneurs would do well to embrace product management as a core function and follow these six tips.
What else? What are some more SaaS product management tips you like?
2 thoughts on “6 SaaS Product Management Tips”
Hi David, I noticed the link for the five mistakes first-time product managers make leads to the “Continuous Product Management Rhythm” I guess that was not intended, right?
Good catch. I fixed it.