Amy Hoy has a good article up titled 5 Things I Wish Somebody Told Me Before I Founded My SaaS. She’s been bootstrapping a SaaS time management and billing app for seven years and is getting close to the magical $1 million in annual recurring revenue milestone. In the article, she shares five lessons learned:
- There is always another inflection point coming
- Teams are not “just add water”
- 90% marketing, 10% product
- Focus on your BEST Customers, 100% of the time
- Just because it can make (good) money doesn’t mean you should do it
Go read 5 Things I Wish Somebody Told Me Before I Founded My SaaS and learn some great lessons.
What else? What are some other things every SaaS founder should know?