A few notes from the email:
- OKRs were counterproductive to his small team at Google, felt bureaucratic, and killed productivity one week out of the quarter when people worried about them
- Macro level OKRs were good for focus
- When product cycles or iterations are shorter than a quarter, OKRs can incentivize the wrong things
- Watch the Google Ventures video on OKRs to understand them
- Overall, he feels small, nimble teams are less nimble with OKRs
What else? What are some more thoughts on OKRs as potentially bad for small teams that have shorter time frames?