One of the questions I like to ask is “Where do you do your best thinking?” Of course, we do thinking all the time. Yet, when I ask that question, people immediately know what I mean. While we’re always thinking, there are certain times, locations, activities, and events that routinely deliver better thinking.
Here are a few questions to ask when thinking about your best thinking:
- What was a recent breakthrough? What were you doing when it happened?
- Who is a great collaborator that helps with your thinking?
- Are there certain activities, hobbies, or sports that really help your thinking?
- Where’s your favorite thinking spot? At home? At the lake?
- What can you do to improve your thinking? What are some next steps?
While it’s meta, spend some time thinking about thinking and figure out how to make your time more productive and efficient.
What else? What are some more thoughts on thinking about thinking?