Hiten Shah has a great post up titled The 3-Step Startup Marketing Framework where he outlines the process he used to help grow popular startup Kissmetrics. Here are the three steps:
- Identify your target customer by understanding:
- What your product does
- The problem your product solves
- Who wants this problem solved
- To find out where your target audience hangs out:
- Create a master list of potential places
- Establish criteria for ideal marketing channels
- Vet your list according to those criteria
- To engage with your customer
- Identify your method of engagement
- Expand as far as this method allows
- Confine your reach only to the target audience
- Aim to deliver a high amount of value
Go read The 3-Step Startup Marketing Framework and follow his process.
What else? What are some more thoughts on this startup marketing framework?