Continuing with yesterday’s post on Chronological In Depth Survey Interviews, I’ve enjoyed testing a variety of interview questions over the years. While there are a number of excellent resources with example interview questions available, I’ve found a few non-standard interview questions I like. Here are seven:
- What did you do to prepare for this interview? More details.
- Why do you want to join our company? More details.
- How would you describe our product or service to a stranger on the street?
- What are our core values? How do your values align with ours?
- What are three things you like about your current company? What are three things you really don’t like? Why?
- What are three things you like about your current manager? What are three thing you really don’t like? Why?
- What’s your work style? In what type of environment do you thrive?
Remember that an interview should be a conversation where the interviewee does most of the talking. Combine these non-standard interview questions along with your existing favorites and the Chronological In Depth Survey Interviews.
What else? What are some more non-standard interview questions that you like?