Today was People Day as part of the EO Accelerator program. Naturally, the educational event was centered around employees ranging from topics like hiring, firing, motivating, and managing. One of the most beneficial sessions was role playing at the end. I know it sounds cheesy but entrepreneurs would present an employee issue they were having trouble with and the certified facilitator would take them through a mock conversation, providing feedback throughout and helping the entrepreneur build up confidence. It was well worth the time.
Here are a few questions to think about that came out of People Day:
- What are you doing to make employees happy?
- How do you provide feedback and constructive criticism?
- How do you assess different desired traits during an interview process?
- What’s your meeting rhythm like?
- What’s your number one thing you’re going to do this year to make the company a better place?