If you follow the DISC (dominance, influence, steadiness, conscientiousness) personality profiles that attempt to categorize everyone with primary and secondary attributes, almost all entrepreneurs have a “strong D.” According to DiscProfile.com, a strong D:
- is motivated by winning, competition and success.
- prioritizes accepting challenge, taking action and achieving immediate results.
- is described as direct, demanding, forceful, strong willed, driven, determined, fast-paced, and self-confident.
- may be limited impatience and lack of concern for others.
- may fear being seen as vulnerable or being taken advantage of.
- values competency, action, concrete results, personal freedom, and challenges.
Of course, an entrepreneur need not have these characteristics but almost all the entrepreneurs I’ve met do have them.
What else? What are other personality traits of entrepreneurs?