A little over five years ago in January of 2007 I set up this blog and published a simple hello world post. My goal originally was to do one post per week but after a few weeks it turned into 1-2 posts per month, if that. Fast forward to August of 2009 and I was inspired by Fred Wilson and him writing a post every single day, 365 days a year on avc.com — I decided to write a post every single day as well. Well, after more than two years of writing a daily post I hit today’s nice little milestone on the journey: blog post number 1,000.
This blog has improved my life in several ways:
- Numerous ideas that I’ve encountered over the years are now captured in written form
- Several employees and partners have come from people reading or referred to me by people reading this blog
- Many of these posts plus new content were turned into a book called Startup Upstart that is now available on Amazon.com (launching at Startup Riot)
- Friends and colleagues in the community reference blog posts during conversations, giving me a sense of satisfaction that others are reading it
- Readers submit comments and feedback, helping document additional insights and improving my understanding
My favorite post of all time remains one of the most popular as well: 50 Things Every Startup Should Know.
I’m thankful for the first 1,000 blog posts and I’m looking forward to the next 1,000.
5 thoughts on “Blog Post Number 1,000”
1,000 blog posts is a huge accomplishment. 1,000 high-quality, thoughtful, meaningful blog posts is truly awesome — in the fullest sense of the word. Congratulations and thanks.
Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration, I am at the other end of that journey (the beginning) and 1,000 posts in three years is a great target.
Congrats on the milestone, David! I’ve truly enjoyed the blog. Still not sure how you find the time to post once a day. Look forward to your continued insights.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration David. I have been influenced by your blog posts and everyday morning as soon as I wake up, one thing that I look forward to is reading your post on Blackberry.
I now aim to start a post-a-day on my Blog. Thank you very much.
By far, the most useful blog in my RSS stream. Congrats and onto 10k!