Earlier today Vocalocity announced their $130 million exit to Vonage. This is another big win for Atlanta and shows the strength of the Atlanta startup community. Vocalocity is an interesting story as it was founded as a different company, the assets were sold to another startup that took over, and finally it set off on the path it’s still on today — providing Internet-based phone services to small businesses.
Here are some of the current Vocalocity details courtesy of Urvaksh’s piece on the acquisition as well as other sources:
- $105M in cash and $25M in stock
- Annual revenue run rate of $56M
- 39% growth rate
- 227 employees according to LinkedIn
- $13.6M in funding according to Crunchbase
- VCs included TechOperators and Noro-Moseley Partners
Overall, it’s another success story for Atlanta and a big congratulations are in order for all parties involved.
What else? What are your thoughts on the Vocalocity exit to Vonage?