Over time, I’ve found that having a rhythm and process actually makes things easier. Similar to the old adage that it’s important to set aside aside time for thinking and personal reflecting, I also believe it’s important to set aside time to work on the business.
Here are five things entrepreneurs should do every month:
- Review and update the Simplified One Page Strategic Plan
- Walk through the key metrics in the SaaS Metrics dashboard
- Facilitate a monthly strategic dinner or meeting with the senior team (most important once the startup has at least 15 people)
- Meet with one advisor or mentor and walk through the most important issues at hand
- Attend an EO/YPO forum with a group of like-minded peers
Entrepreneurs would do well to find a monthly rhythm that empowers more strategic thinking and analysis. After running the process for several months it’ll begin to feel like a habit and commonplace.
What else? What are some other things entrepreneurs should do every month?