Om Malik, journalist and entrepreneur, put up a slide on his site titled Startups lessons from Netflix where he highlights a presentation from Adrian Cockcroft, previously of Netflix. Adrian highlights 7 startup lessons he learned from his time at Netflix:
- Speed wins in the marketplace
- Remove friction from product development
- High trust, low process, no hand-offs between teams
- Freedom and responsibility culture
- Don’t do your own undifferentiated heavy lifting
- Use simple patterns automated by tooling
- Self service cloud makes impossible things instant
Product and engineering-oriented entrepreneurs would do well to read all the slides in Adrian’s Fast Delivery presentation.
What else? What are some more takeaways from Adrian’s presentation?