Buffer has a great post up titled How to Give and Receive Feedback at Work. The idea is that feedback is incredibly important, yet many people don’t give or receive it well. Over the years, I’ve had many feedback related conversations and can attest to its inherent challenges.
Here are 7 criteria for effective feedback from the post:
- The feedback provider is credible in the eyes of the feedback recipient
- The feedback provider is trusted by the feedback recipient
- The feedback is conveyed with good intentions
- The timing and the circumstances of giving the feedback are appropriate
- The feedback is given in an interactive manner
- The feedback message is clear
- The feedback is helpful to recipient
Head over to How to Give and Receive Feedback at Work and commit to providing and taking better feedback at work.
What else? What are some other thoughts on feedback?