Reflecting on this past week, there were so many insights and takeaways from a number of different conversations. Overall, one theme kept coming back to me: how to get one great new insight per day. Whether it’s an idea on how to do something better, a way to think about a problem, or just how the world works, there’s tremendous value in learning one new insight per day.
Here are a few ideas to find one new insight per day:
- Read 10 blog posts per day (e.g. the 9 best entrepreneur blogs)
- Never eat alone (e.g. seek out someone new or a friend for lunch every day)
- Skim a different book every month (e.g. 21 favorite entrepreneur books)
- Review the classics like How to Win Friends and Influence People so as to better connect with people and develop more insightful conversations
- Follow 20 entrepreneurs on Twitter
Now, every night, when your head hits the pillow, reflect back on the day, and pick out one new insight. Do this daily, and after a couple months, you’ll find yourself being more cognizant and attentive when encountering great ideas, and your own insights will improve.
What else? What are some other thoughts on one new insight per day?