With corporate culture being the only sustainable competitive advantage completely in the control of the founders, it’s critical to be proactive about nurturing and enhancing it. Only, as the startup grows, scaling culture can be a real challenge. More people. More personalities. More challenges.
Here are a few thoughts on scaling culture:
- Implement a culture check team to interview every potential hire
- Run a culture-oriented hiring process
- Reinforce the core values with each quarterly check-in
- Design career paths for every team member
- Put the culture front and center with the Simplified One Page Strategic Plan
Scaling culture is hard. With the necessary time and attention, the culture at 100 employees can be even stronger, and more sustainable, than at 10 employees.
What else? What are some other ideas for scaling culture in a high growth startup?
One thought on “Scaling Culture in a High Growth Startup”
Thanks for a great post, David. I shared my blueprint for growing our culture at Social Tables here: https://medium.com/@danberger/building-your-company-s-culture-from-the-ground-up-5a150bc7de68