Recently I’ve had the chance to talk with two different entrepreneurs that have moved on from their ventures and are looking for the next opportunity. In each of the conversations we talked about what went well, what didn’t go well, and general learnings. Then, we talked through a few different questions:
- What’s your ideal role at the next company?
- What size company? Seed stage? Early stage? Growth stage?
- What verticals or trends interest you?
- What’s your risk appetite regarding salary vs equity trade-off?
- What companies in town interest you?
- What else is important to know?
- Who else should I meet with?
Looking for a new opportunity? Use these simple questions to get the conversation going.
What else? What are some other networking questions to use when looking for the next opportunity?