Continuing with yesterday’s post Time for 2017 Budgets, it’s also time to get the 2017 Simplified One Page Strategic Plan ready. The goal with the plan is to align everyone in the company around a simple, straightforward document that outlines the most important things in a concise manner. Too often, the entrepreneur runs around with a number of great ideas in his or her head and doesn’t realize that everyone else in the organization doesn’t see what they see. Communication and alignment takes work; start with a simple plan.
- One line purpose
- General – fit on one line
- People – fit on one line
- One line description of your market
- One line brand promise
- No more than three sentences for the elevator pitch
3 Year Target
- One line with the goal
- 3-5 annual goals in table format with the start value, current value, and target value
- 3-5 quarterly goals in table format with the start value, current value, and target value
Quarterly Priority Projects
- Three one-line priority projects with the percent complete for each
That’s it — simple yet powerful. Check out the Simplified One Page Strategic Plan Google Doc template and take a look at an example plan. Good luck!
What else? What are some more thoughts on the Simplified One Page Strategic Plan?