Today marks the 10 year anniversary from when Adam and I started Pardot. I first registered the domain name on January 30th, 2007 (whois lookup) and Adam had to give notice to his current employer, InterContinental Hotels Group. We first started out as a PPC lead generation service for tech companies before pivoting into marketing automation in the first 60 days (more key milestones). After hiring 11 interns and building v1 of the product, we were off and running on the adventure of a lifetime.
Here are a few things about the Pardot journey that I’m especially proud of:
- Staying true to our goal of being the best place to work and the best place to be a customer
- Creating a culture-first company that excelled
- Proving that Atlanta has the talent and infrastructure to build a great startup
- Winning the #1 place to work in Atlanta award multiple years in a row
- Placing #172 on the Inc. 500
- Incubating new startups (Rigor and SalesLoft both started in the Pardot office) and helping inspire more entrepreneurs
- Defying the odds and going from cold start to quality outcome in 5.5 years
Overall, I’m most proud of Adam and me building an enduring business that’s 15x larger than when we sold it and making a small mark on our community. Here’s to everyone that helped make Pardot a success and a thank you for the last 10 years.
4 thoughts on “The 10 Year Anniversary of Pardot”
Congratulations David, you guys did a great job. Particularly like the sentiment about Atlanta.
You built an incredible company. I remember visiting when it was only a few employees, and it’s amazing to see the finished product. Congrats!
Congrats to you and Adam Blitzer! A client I am working with now is using Pardot to serve up warm leads to the sales team. They love it. Congrats again guys!
You built an amazing company. Congrats to you David Cummings and Adam Blitzer!