Continuing with yesterday’s post 4 Questions to Ask Before Making an Angel Investment, and the theme of angel investing, when talking to entrepreneurs it becomes clear if they are product-oriented innovators. I call them “product entrepreneurs” and you’ll know it immediately because they’re in love with their product.
When meeting with a product entrepreneur, ask these eight questions:
- How did you come up with the idea?
- Why did you decide on building this product?
- What’s the magic moment?
- What are the main product modules? What’s the most important module?
- What aspects of the product do you prioritize? Speed? User experience? Depth of functionality?
- What do the competitors do differently in their products?
- What’s the next major milestone for the product?
- If you could wave a magic wand, what would you instantly change in the product?
Product entrepreneurs obsess over their product and spend most of the time working to make it better. Use these questions to get a better understanding of how they think about it, what’s working well today, and what they’d like to improve.
What else? What are some more questions for product entrepreneurs?