With the end of the year upon us, it’s a great time to put together a 2020 Simplified One Page Strategic Plan. I’ve written about it many times before and I’ll write about it many more times. After being an entrepreneur for 20+ years, I truly believe it’s one of the best exercises an entrepreneur can do on a regular basis.
Put these topics in a shared Google Doc and ensure they are no more than one side of one page. Be clear and concise; keep it simple.
Simple Strategic Plan
- Purpose – Why does your company exist?
- Core Values – What values (or virtues) are most important for your actions?
- Market – What customer base do you serve?
- Brand Promise – What can customers expect working with you?
- 3 Annual Goals – What are three SMART goals for this year?
- 3 Quarterly Goals – What are three SMART goals for this quarter?
- 3 Quarterly Projects – What are the three highest priority projects that must be accomplished this quarter?
Share this plan with employees, partners, advisors, investors, and anyone else that wants to help you succeed. Finally, make it a living document that’s reviewed on a weekly basis to align everyone on your team. While simple, it’s incredibly powerful.
2 thoughts on “Start 2020 With a Simple Strategic Plan”
Hope this note finds you well. I’ve been following your work for a while, but I only recently subscribed to your emails. I’m enjoying them very much.
Quick question – what do you mean by “SMART”? How would you define it?
On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 6:54 PM David Cummings on Startups wrote:
> David Cummings posted: “With the end of the year upon us, it’s a great > time to put together a 2020 Simplified One Page Strategic Plan. I’ve > written about it many times before and I’ll write about it many more times. > After being an entrepreneur for 20+ years, I truly believe it’s” >