In the last All-In Podcast, David Friedberg laid out a great rubric for business value creation. While visionaries get excited by a future state and entrepreneurs get excited by an idea, it takes all that, and more, to create real value.
David Friedberg’s rubric for value creation in a business All-In podcast episode 62 (at the 50 minute mark):
1. Can you make a product?
2. Do people want to buy your product?
3. Can you make a positive gross margin selling the product?
4. Can you make a return on the marketing dollars you have to spend to
generate the gross profit?
5. Can you scale the amount of money to grow your business such that
as you grow the return goes up, not down?
6. Can you transition to being a platform (multi-product company)?
This articulation of the business value creation journey is the best I’ve ever seen. Share this with every entrepreneur you know and ensure they think through it on their journey.