Continuing with yesterday’s post that CEOs Focus on Growth, not Execution, there are a number of strategies and ideas to implement when it comes to growth planning. Often, as a CEO, it’s easy to sit back and be reactive to the deluge of inbound requests, which never stop. CEOs need to be proactive.
Here are five ideas to focus more time on growth planning:
- Develop a simplified one page strategic plan and build support for the three-year section
- Run monthly strategy sessions soliciting growth ideas
- Take a solo retreat and reimagine the future
- Hire a business coach (pro athletes have coaches, why don’t more CEOs have them?)
- Join EO or YPO and develop a peer group that is growth-oriented
Growth planning isn’t something that’s turned on and off of a regular basis. Rather, the best CEOs are always focused on growth and are constantly thinking about it.
What else? What are some more growth planning ideas?