Atlanta-based ShopVisible announced yesterday that they are being acquired by Epicor (public filings but privately held) in their press release Epicor to Acquire Industry Leading Cloud Digital Commerce and Order Management Solution Provider – ShopVisible. Epicor has 4,600 employees and is owned by private equity firm Apax Partners. ShopVisible is a specialized ecommerce Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company led by Sean Cook and Josh Lloyd.
Here are a few details on ShopVisible:
- Started in 2006 in South Florida and relocated to Atlanta (source)
- Domain name registered January 26, 2006 (source)
- 41 employees on LinkedIn (source)
- Raised $823,000 in equity in 2009 (source)
- 2013 Venture Atlanta presenting company (source)
While the purchase price wasn’t disclosed, with 41 employees, I’m sure the deal was lucrative. Congratulations to the whole ShopVisible team on the exit.
What else? What are some other notes on the ShopVisible exit?