As more startups hire sales development reps (SDRs) to set appointments and schedule demos, it’s important to learn best practices and increase the chance of success. Building an SDR team, like any job function, takes time to figure out what does, and doesn’t work. Thankfully, there are a number of great resources online. Here are seven quick SDR tips:
- Start by reading the Predictable Revenue book
- Build a sales playbook
- Hire sales reps ahead of plan
- Always hire reps in pairs
- Make sure inside sales makes sense
- Require a written assessment in the hiring process
- Map out the sales process
Use these seven SDR tips and build a great team. The SDR function is the most important sales process innovation in the last 10 years.
What else? What are some more SDR tips for startups?