After yesterday’s post on 10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing With a Startup, a friend asked for a similar list for other, more specific roles. Great idea.
Here are 10 questions to ask when interviewing for a sales role:
- What does the typical sales process look like?
- What works well and doesn’t work well in the sales process?
- Who’s on the sales team and what do they do?
- Who would be my manager?
- What would be my role and responsibilities?
- How would I be measured?
- Is this a new role or an existing role? If not new, what happened to the last person?
- What’s needed to be successful in this role?
- What are the biggest challenges for this role?
- What’s your biggest concern about me excelling at this role?
When interviewing for a sales role, it’s critical to ask good questions and demonstrate an ability to build rapport effectively. Use these questions as an initial starting point in an interview.
What else? What are some more questions to ask when interviewing for a sales role?