Recently I was talking to an entrepreneur about B2B sales and the sales process. After we talked for a few minutes, he offered up something that had been working well for his company: the Success Plan. Intrigued, I wanted to learn more. Here’s how it works:
- Make a Google Doc for every prospect that’s qualified after completion of a discovery call
- Title the Google Doc “Company Name / Prospect Name Success Plan”
- Write bullet points of the major pain points learned in the discovery call
- Make a table of what needs to be done, the person that owns the task, and a done column to check things off
- Outline the schedule and timeline of deliverables to prove the expected value (e.g. if there’s a trial or proof of concept involved, it should show the value)
- Share the Google Doc with the prospect and work it until the deal is closed!
Looking to improve your sales process and increase the win rate? Try the Success Plan process and use it like a collaborative mutual close plan.
What else? What are some more thoughts on the Success Plan for engaging with qualified prospects?