Terminus put on an excellent FlipMyFunnel class today. One element of the event was walking through an account-based sales and marketing program. Let’s take a look at their example:
Marketing Touch Points
- Pre-cadence: Terminus Ads
- During cadence: LinkedIn and Facebook retargeting to known contacts
- After 1st 8 days: Direct mail to unresponsive accounts
Sales Touch Points
- Day 1: Personalized video email (via Vidyard integration in SalesLoft)
- Day 2: Email
- Day 4: LinkedIn (Attempt to connect)
- Day 6: InMail
- Day 7: Video email (From different team member)
- Day 8: Call, no VM
- Day 8: Direct mail
- Day 13: Call, LVM about the package
- Day 13: Email about the package
- Day 15: Video email
- Day 16: Call, no VM
- Day 20: Breakup video email
Most companies focus on making a certain number of calls and emails per day that ends up being broad and shallow. Modern customer acquisition teams run detailed outbound account-based sales and marketing program against their best-fit accounts using account-based intelligence.
Thanks to Terminus and the FlipMyFunnel team for putting on the event and sharing the excellent ideas.
What else? What are some more components of an effective account-based sales and marketing program?
One thought on “Example Account-Based Sales and Marketing Program”
Great example David – here’s an example of another strategy that drove 14 high quality meetings with Fortune 500 accounts. More upfront work than your example but fewer touches needed to drive great outcomes. http://brendandell.com/landed-10-fortune-500-meetings-account-based-marketing/