In the entrepreneurial world there are three popular books that outline a full suite of strategies and techniques to efficiently run a company. Two of them have been discussed here previously: Mastering the Rockefeller Habits / Scaling Up and The Advantage (including the Six Critical Questions). Another, popular how-to startup book is Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business.
Here are the six key components from Traction that make up the Entrepreneurial Operating System:
- Vision – Do they see what you are saying?
- Answering the eight questions
- Shared by all
- People – Surround yourself with good people
- Right people
- Right seats
- Data – Safety in numbers
- Issues – Decide!
- The issues list
- The issues solving track
- Process – Finding your way
- Documenting your core processes
- Followed by all
- Traction – From luftmensch to action!
- Meeting pulse
Entrepreneurs looking to run a more productive startup would do well to read the book Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business and implement the ideas.
What else? What are some more thoughts on the book Traction?