As the startup grows and raises a financing round or achieves product/market, it’s time to add more structure and process. Now, it’s still critical to stay close to the customer and move fast, but it’s also important to start building a foundation for the future.
Here are five weekly action items for entrepreneurs:
- Write a weekly team update email
- Track the right metrics for the stage of the company
- Update the Simplified One Page Strategic Plan
- Run the internal meeting rhythm
- Review the sales opportunity pipeline
This process seems pretty simple but it’s actually harder than it looks. Issues are always coming up and there’s always something else to work on — figure out a process and stick to it.
What else? What are some additional weekly action items for entrepreneurs?