As a startup grows into a small business it becomes necessary to add more process and operational aspects to the company. The need for this typically occurs when a startup reaches the 10 – 20 employee size, and thus has more going on than can be simply managed by the startup CEO and other co-founders.
Here are seven startup CEO tactics for operational excellence:
- Company-wide daily check-in stand ups/scrums
- Weekly KPIs available company-wide in a Google Spreadsheet
- Weekly tactical meetings with the management team to discuss the week ahead
- Quarterly check-ins that act like a lightweight performance review
- Quarterly off-site meetings with the management team to plan the next 90 days
- Quarterly celebrations with all team members to spend time outside the office and reflect on the last 90 days
- LCD scoreboard in a very visible location with up-to-date goals and progress
What else? What are some other CEO tactics for operational excellence?